I looked at about 20 shops in the area, meticulously researched the designers that they carry, the dresses that they sold recently (shout out to social creeping!) and the price range of dresses. I nearly memorized what the locations looked like. WHY? Y’all, this is the ONE wedding I’ll have. The dress I picked will be the ONE wedding dress that I’ll wear. When I thought about loving more than one and regretting the one I chose later on down the road, full blown panic attacks ensued (thank you anxiety…)
I also had an ulterior motive… this was the day that I planned to ask my sister to be my Maid of Honor and my best friend to be my Matron of Honor! (They both said yes!) This was the icing on the cake for my wedding dress shopping day – that these two love me so much that they’d take on this responsibility together, I can’t even describe how much it means to me.
A little preview of the fabric!If you are wedding planning and getting ready to go dress shopping, I am SO jealous! It was by far my favorite day of wedding planning thus far! I have five tips below to help you make the most of your day.
- Do your research – be sure to look at lots of different shops, find out their price range and the designers they carry to ensure you’re making the most of your appointment time.
- Bring all the women you love – there is often a “cap” at dress boutiques, but you know what… WHO CARES! If you have two best friends, bring them both. If you have multiple aunts, bring them all. Have the women who you want to experience this day with.
- Take pictures – I seriously look back at the photos constantly to relive this day!
- Try on every style of dress – I knew I wouldn’t be wearing a ballgown when I walked down the aisle, but it was the MOST fun dress to try on!
- Make the most of the day – this is it. This is your day and it will be SO MUCH FUN. Put down the phone and soak it all in. Plan a brunch, plan a dinner. Spend every moment focusing on this as you can because it is the most amazing day!